so....

I'm away for a while and if you want to follow me.....read my posts below...or just have a look at my pictures.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Too long in Quito but finally in Columbia

Initially I planned to fly back from Galapagos to Quito in order to continue the next day to Columbia. Finally I stayed slightly longer in Quito. I just went for one drink in a bar owned by a Belgium guy but that turned out to be more than one drink (you know me) and since I met so many people (Dutch, Belgium and Equadorin) there, I decided to enjoy a few days more. WOW the nightlife in Quito is not bad!!!!!!!! But even that becoms a bit boring as well so I managed to get myself in a bus and 24 hours later I arrived in Cali in Columbia. The first part was by myself but at the border I met 3 korean women (mother with two daughters) with who I killed time, waiting for the nightbus to Cali. I thought Spanish was difficult but at that moment i realized that my Korean is also not that good anymore...and with their  limited English you can imagine that this were some interesting hours....While killing time, we visited an amzing church tagainst a rock above a canyon. That by itself might not be that impressive but if I tell you that Maria actually appaered there 150 yrs ago I guess you become much more interested in this story :-). Not to bore you too much with these kind of stories I just post some other photos from my travel so far in Columbia. In short: an amazing country (and I feel really safe). More text with the photos will come. Right now I am in Medellin!






















No comments:

Post a Comment